Someone isn't happy with an ad campaign for the Oxygen network reinforcing stereotypical standards of beauty, currently on display in one of connecting tunnels at the 14th Street 8th Avenue L train station.
The advertisements for shows such as "Tori & Dean Storibook Weddings," "World According to Paris," "The Glee Project" and "All About Aubrey" are catching the attention of commuters, but not for the reason Oxygen probably had in mind. Someone has left stickers with sharp, mocking criticisms over the eyes of every women featured in the advertisements.
"I'M THE WHORE, YOU'RE THE JOHN"
"FOCUS ON HOW FABULOUS THE WEDDING IS (NOT HOW LONG IT LASTS)"
"STRIVE FOR THIS"
See more photos on NYC The Blog's Facebook page. Read more about advertisements in subways stations and on trains.
- Pretzel Crisps Pretzel Ads Encourage Anxiety About Body Weight And Image; One Resident Fights Back
- Have A Seat On Art In The 33rd Street Lexington Line Subway Station
- Turning Empty (And Illegal?) Ad Space Into Pop Up Parks In Four Easy Steps
- MTA Erases Commuter Angst At BP
- PAC vs NPA: Taking Over Illegal Ads with Illegal Art