Constructed in the 1800s to protect against hostility towards Catholics, the brick wall surrounding St. Patrick's Old Cathedral on Mott Street received a thorough cleaning last week.
- You've heard the latest on the most expensive zip codes in Manhattan, but what of the poorest? Over a quarter of a million people live below poverty thresholds in the South Bronx, the poorest district in the nation. [NY Daily News]
- Great video of a "seasoned crew" replacing pipe under East Houston [Gammablog]
- NYC to change 250,000 street signs around borough at a cost of $110.00 each [DNAinfo]
- LES: An Endangered Place – Screening, Discussion Next Week [The Lo-Down]
- Scandal inside the Park Slope Food Coop [Naparstek]