- The New York City metro area received a lot of rain and severe weather. One daring Hoboken resident didn't fare too well when he tried to drive through a flooded road.
- Notify NYC (advertising here at top left!) started sending alerts for a car fire on the Brooklyn Bridge at around 4.30pm yesterday. The dramatic photos seen here started appearing on Twitter immediately.
- No parking? Always room in a crosswalk.
Who owns the domain names NewYork.com and StatenIsland.com? These ballers do. (via)
- Have you walked by Keith McNally latest restaurant, Pulino's, on Bowery and asked yourself, 'why does it look like an upscale Olive Garden?' You're not the only one.
- A post on the 'Dying Manhattan Coffee Shops' leads to a discussion in the comments; Is your neighborhood coffee shop racist?
- When and why did Gawker start preventing Google from caching their site? Nick Denton is mum on the topic.