In a triangle of land between Kenmare, Lafayette, and Cleveland Place, NYC Parks Department has been expanding and reconstructing the area into a new park. Lots of progress has been made as of late, and the park looks to be near completion.
This small park is at a crossroads of several dynamic New York neighborhoods: Little Italy and the Bowery to the east, Chinatown to the south, and SoHo to the west and north. The site/area became parkland as a result of the City Charter of 1938, which turned over all public places and squares to the Department of Parks.More here.
The site was formerly known as Kenmare Square, for the street that runs east to Delancey.