Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bagels & Pizza At 203 E.Houston St Has Closed

Bagels & Pizza had been there for 14 years. They closed for business after Sunday's shift, and yesterday at 3pm they auctioned of their equipment.

When I went to get a coffee yesterday, The two sons, the father, an employee, and a straggler or two were present. All their equipment was tagged and ready for sale.

Four years ago, they told me, they renewed their ten year lease at more than double the previous rate. I asked the proprietor what he was going to do now. He laughed nervously, and said, "Not be self-employed. I want to work for someone else." It was hard work, and the neighborhood changed he told me, it just isn't profitable anymore.

Get More NYC The Blog:


>> Subscribe To NYC The Blog Via Email

Contact NYC The Blog via Email