Dear Columbia, by j-No on Flickr.
- Seven Students Struck By Spate of Assaults Near Morningside <Columbia Spectator>
- A Harlem rooftop garden is a one-man greenmarket. <NY Mag>
- The Manhattan Street Project is one woman walking every street and taking a photo. She has already been all over upper Manhattan, you can view the street, handily labeled in the sidebar, here.
- A reader at Uptown asks, What’s Up With the Mystery Building on 123rd? <Uptown Flavor>
- "Isaiah Owens, proprietor of the Owens Funeral Home in Harlem, detailed activities in the embalming room," <NY Times>
- Six Flights to 'Independence'. Or Y'know, Six Flights To A More Anglo And Affluent Home. Either/Or. This article made me laugh out loud and spit my coffee out multiple times in just the first couple of paragraphs. One of the most tortured and pained efforts to use euphemism and precise word selection in attempt to avoid being incredibly classist, bourgeois, and a little bit racist. Unfortunately, I'm really smart, (my mom told me) so it didn't fool me. <NY Times - Six Flights To 'Independence'>