Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mr Lucky's Lemonade. Celebrating 25 Years

Mr Lucky's Lemonade

Earl Wingate has been selling lemonade, and barbecued chicken in the park on the corner of Lenox and 145th St for 25 years. He brings enough chicken to feed the people he already knows will eat it. "I only bring what I know i'm gonna get rid of. I didn't bring it down here just to take it back home with me, y'know? I know who wants its, and I bring it for them. Once the food is gone, that's it."

That's Earl on the left. On the right is 93 year old John Isaacs, "A Living Wonder of the Harlem Renaissance Five."

Earl also has a line of Christian clothing, ABCS's of God Christian Clothing.

"Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, that is cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD is with him."

1 comment:

Tom said...

Cool. The Twitter trip was okay but too limited. Now you can really strut your stuff. I'll promote it in a day or two or three.

Get More NYC The Blog:


>> Subscribe To NYC The Blog Via Email

Contact NYC The Blog via Email